1. Draft or join a proposed call for a vote of no confidence in current House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy. Gaetz’s decision to draft or join in a proposal for the vote of no confidence should be made public to his constituents and to the other Republican House members.
2. Bring the proposed motion for a vote of no confidence in McCarthy to a vote on the House floor. Gaetz or whoever introduces the motion should explain why they feel such legislation is necessary and why McCarthy is unfit to serve as minority leader.
3. Ensure enough Republican House members are present to enable a vote for the motion to be called. Gaetz should make sure to rally other Republican House members to come to the vote and to support the motion.
4. Make the case for why McCarthy should not be the leader of the Republican minority in the House. Gaetz or whoever introduces the motion should explain why they believe McCarthy does not adequately represent the Republican party, or why they think the current leadership is not good enough.
5. If the motion is passed, ensure that a new leader is chosen quickly. The Republican Party should not be without a leader for long, as this could have a negative impact on the party. Gaetz should help to lead a discussion and selection of a new leader.