1. Potential challenges on economic policies, particularly on restrictions or tariffs imposed on certain foreign imports.
2. Resistance from Republican-led states to environmental policies such as the Paris Agreement and other climate change measures.
3. Increased pressure on Biden to address immigration policies, particularly those concerning family separation and the use of detention facilities.
4. Disagreement with Republican-led states over abortion access, contraception availability, and other women’s health issues.
5. Heightened expectations surrounding social justice issues including police reform, voting rights, and economic opportunity.
6. Questions about Biden’s ability to maintain U.S. geopolitical interests in light of rising powers such as China and Russia.
7. Heightened criticism over the handling of foreign policy and national security matters.
8. Uproar over military spending, particularly regarding the size of the budget and where the funding should be allocated.
9. Struggles with reforming healthcare for the American people, from the effects of the Affordable Care Act to any new efforts.
10. Disagreements with the Democratic Party on economic policy, foreign policy, and social issues.